Hip Hop star AKA’s third solo album, Touch My Blood, just went double platinum! The rapper took to Twitter to thank his supports and also rant about how “surely there’s more to life than making records.”
We don’t know what got the Fela in Versace star all up in his feels, but congratulations on a job well done Mr. Forbes.
Touch My Blood was against a few other good album releases in its genre, whose successes we tracked for your convenience.
- Nasty C’s Strings and Blings album accumulated 17 Million streams across 65 countries on Spotify, his hit songs “Jungle” went double platinum and “king” reaching triple platinum status, with the full album shipping over 30K in sales.
- https://twitter.com/Nasty_CSA/status/1072569526246670344? ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1072569526246670344&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhiphophub.co.za%2F2018%2F12%2F12%2Fnasty-cs-strings-and-bling-album-certified-platinum-king-3x-platinum-jungle-2x-platinum%2F
- Cassper Nyovest’s album Sweet and Short hit platinum status just after a day it was released. The star, for the second year in a row, decided not to submit the record for the 2019 SAMA’s, so, unfortunately, it was not eligible for nomination.
- Reason dropped Azania late last year and we’re
hoping that it goes platinum real soon as he threatened to quit the game if it didn’t.
- Kid X’s debut album Thank Da King was well received by his fans as it dribbled between kwaito and Hip Hop. It scored a Best Hip Hop Album nod at 2019 SAMA’s, and we wouldn’t be surprised if it went platinum or gold real soon.
Considering the dope albums dropped in the last year, what’s currently keeping your playlist on fire?